The Ascend Towards A Stress-free Life
The Advent of A Constantly Revising World
Human beings currently co-exist in a world which experiences frequent changes every now and then. Living in such a world certainly presents us with innumerous pros, for it enables us to grow, become flexible, develop life values, and such.
However, such a world also brings up innumerous cons with it. Owing to such frequent changes, we are constantly pushed and overloaded with taxing demands in our finances, work, relationships, and various other situations. In meeting such demands, our bodies produce reactions that enable us to physically, mentally, and even emotionally. And it is this reaction which we call stress.
An Important Component of our Lives
Although considered otherwise, stress isn’t a vice. In small doses, it pushes us to function productively. With slight pressurizing, it motivates us to perform at our best. And it is due to this that even during positive situations, such as promotions, childbirths, mortgages, etc., we experience slight levels of stress in our being. And it is due to this that we need to have certain stressful moments in our life.
Alternatively, too much stress can be highly harmful to our being. Not only does it severely undermine a person’s mental health, but it also takes a heavy toll on their physical self. Fortunately, protecting yourself from excessive stressful events is quite if you’re able to comprehend the signs that it brings along with it. If you habitually feel overwhelmed, then it is high time that you took actions to restore your life into a balance.
The Symptoms Triggered
In response to the stress buildup, there are various means by which our body warns us of the condition. And it does so in two ways: physical and mental.
The physical symptoms that arise out of stress, include:
• Excessive sweating
• Increase in bodily pain, especially the back and the chest.
• A decrease in libido.
• Erectile dysfunction.
• Heart diseases
• High blood pressure
• Decrease in immunity
• Muscular aches
• Insomnia, and much more.
The mental symptoms that arise out of stress, are:
• Lack of concentration
Stress Distinctively Affects People
Being akin to other intrinsic human aspects, stress also differs depending on the human being. There are people out there who are capable of enduring the utmost levels of stress while others crumble even at the minutest levels of stress. There are people out there who live to enjoy the sensation that they derive from stress.
As a result, there is no one-size-fits-all metric to ascertain the amount of stress people can handle. However, the common factors influencing stress tolerance are easily determined. The most important factors are:
1. An Impregnable Network of Support – Your family and friends play a massive role in helping you to battle immense levels of stress. Such people essentially act as a buffer in helping you to battle huge amounts of stress. If you rely on the right people, you will find that life’s challenges don’t seem as daunting.
2. Being Prepared – It has been rightly said that human beings fear the unknown. Owing to this, the more knowledgeable you’re of a stressful situation, the easier it is to cope with. By knowing how long the situation lasts and what to expect, you will find yourself becoming comfortable with the situation.
3. Control – The amalgamation of self-confidence and emotions are the most important factors in this list. By recognizing, evaluating, and regulating your emotions, you become adept at controlling your stress levels. This gifts you with the required self-confidence to embrace and get over the difficult periods in your life by bouncing back from the adversities.
Managing The Levels of Stress Buildup
Stress is an aspect of our lives that cannot be completely eradicated. However, the right tools can enable you to effectively manage and reduce the levels of stress prevalent within you. A few widely-used methods in managing the levels of stress are:
1. Increasing Your Activity Levels – There are innumerous studies that have displayed the effectiveness of exercises in benefiting a person’s mental and physical health. Raising your activity levels effectively removes your stress and helps you in feeling better about yourself. Additionally, it lifts your mood and distracts you from the daily worries by pushing out the negative thoughts from your body.
2. Talking About Your Emotions – Talking is one of the most effective ways of expelling stress levels from your body. By divulging your emotions with your family and friends, you trigger hormones that relieve your body from stress, agitation, and insecurities. Even a brief exchange is highly helpful in letting you know that you are not alone in your problems, allowing you to improve your mood and soothe your nervous system.
3. Relaxation – As aforementioned, stress is one aspect that can never be eliminated from our lives. However, we can control the extent to which it affects us. With the help of relaxation techniques involving meditation, massages, and yoga, you successfully activate your body’s relaxation response. This slows down your system to a state of restfulness. When practiced regularly, these activities enable us to reduce our stress levels and boost feelings of joy and serenity.
4. Change Your Diet – Your diet plays a massive role in improving your mood and enhancing your ability to cope up with stress. A healthy, balanced diet of fruit and vegetables when consumed regularly enriches your immune system and maintains its state during times of stress. Moreover, cutting down the consumption of alcohol, drugs, and caffeine furthers your cause towards a healthy lifestyle.
5. Set Goals and Prioritize – Most people are aware of this, but stress affects them mostly when they find that they are not in control of their daily lives. By setting goals, both long-term and short-term, you essentially get a firm hold over your daily lives and perform tasks which ensure your control over your daily activities. Additionally, you can take this a step further to prioritize your goals and focus on the most important to successfully conquer each of these tasks.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in